Re: [E-devel] about the xcb xrender engine

Hey,

about the speed itself, it's xrender. And my computer. It seems that
raster, with his ati and the exa acceleration with xorg 7.0, xlib xrender
was really fast. Maybe he will try that xcb xrender engine, to test if
it's the same :)

about the difference of speed between xlib and xcb, Jamey Sharp thinks
it's normal. XCB has not been intensely profiled. In addition, the
advantages of xcb compared to xlib are not used in the evas engines. The
advantages are on requests/replies. In the engines, it's mainly copies of
memory that are expensive. There are not a lot of requests/replies.

Vincent