Re: [E-devel] The new menu generator is ready for testing, again.

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 09:58:41 +1000
David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's try this again, with a new, much simpler test procedure.
>
> Update from cvs, if from anon cvs, wait about four hours for my
> changes to get copied there.
>
> Make sure that you install e_utils, and all it's dependencies.
>
> Backup your ~/.e/e/applications/favorite and ~/.e/e/applications/all,
> just to be on the safe side.
>
> Run e17genmenu.  The adventurous could try e17genmenu -o.
>
> After that has finished running, E will by unresponsive for a few
> minutes.  This is a known issue with the eap cache regeneration.
>
> Send me the last line that is output (the one with the timing stats)
> and let me know what distro and CPU speed you tested it on.

The output when i ran e17genmenu is this:
Total time 3.397 seconds, finding fdo paths 1.999, converting fdo menus
0.000, generating 0 (rejected 0) eaps in 0 menus 0.989, finding icons
0.279, generating eap caches 0.130.

however, after looking in the menu, it DID create some icons!!
It created 6 "sub menus" under "Generated Menus" (things like "Games"
and "Internet". And did create some eaps (lucky number 13 to be exact)
in those sub-menus. I have neither Gnome nor KDE installed, so the only
applications it is going to pick up are just .desktop files the
individual application's 'make install' put in the proper places.

--
  _
(\o/) Chad 'v3rt1g0' Kittel <vertigo@wi.rr.com>