Re: [E-devel] wavy text?

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:42:47 +1000 David Seikel <onefang@gmail.com> babbled:

> On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:30:13 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
> <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
>
> > it quite likely is something to do with your distribution. what
> > distro is it? the code changed to USE the ftoptions #define settings
> > to select what hinting prefs to use or not use and allow. already 1
> > distro has been found to build a ft2 where the built code does not
> > match the ftoptions.h header info
>
> I get the same thing under SuSE 9.3 pro, but only with byte code
> hinting turned on.  It defaults to byte code hinting, even though that

it ASKS for bytecode by default. it's greyed out because your freetype doesn't support it - so it's falling back to the autohinter. the autohinter seems to be screwing up.

> option is greyed out, so I'm guessing my distro doesn't support byte
> code hinting.  Both of the other two font hinting options render fine.

then something is wrong with freetype2 there when u ask for bytecode hinting - its' fallbacks are not working properly it seems - they used to work just fine (do here).