Re: [E-devel] wavy text?

I might be able to chip in something, I am running Linux on the laptop, and Anti-Aliased fonts just doesn't cut it for the LCD, however good fonts it is, be it Bitstream or Lucida.

After whole lots of searching and trying, the best thing that ever happened to my Linux desktop is enabling the patented bytecode interpreter and DISABLING anti-alias for small fonts! Yes, disable those anti-alias. You guys can read up more here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=257705

In short, anti alias fonts should never be used on small fonts, hence I have this in my /etc/fonts/local.conf
<match target="font">
        <test compare="less" name="pixelsize" qual="any">
                <double>20</double>
        </test>
        <edit mode="assign" name="antialias">
                <bool>false</bool>
        </edit>
</match>

The url I posted above have some screenshots of before and after and some comparison, you can view it to see if it hit any bells.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Cheers,
Phuah Yee Keat

David Seikel wrote:
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:30:13 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)