Re: [E-devel] wavy text?

On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:30:13 +0900 Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman)
<raster@rasterman.com> wrote:

> it quite likely is something to do with your distribution. what
> distro is it? the code changed to USE the ftoptions #define settings
> to select what hinting prefs to use or not use and allow. already 1
> distro has been found to build a ft2 where the built code does not
> match the ftoptions.h header info

I get the same thing under SuSE 9.3 pro, but only with byte code
hinting turned on.  It defaults to byte code hinting, even though that
option is greyed out, so I'm guessing my distro doesn't support byte
code hinting.  Both of the other two font hinting options render fine.