Re: [E-devel] wavy text?

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 05:21:37 +0100 Morten Nilsen <morten@nilsen.com> babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> >
> > i don't see it.
>
> the bug in the image, you mean?

i mean i don't see it here. on my machine(s)

> "About" exhibits it nicely, almost like a demoscene sinescroller ;)
> most notably, capitals apparently get v-centered, and the letter u is
> pulled down..
>
> > its something with your freetype2 and the way its reporting
> > geometry/offsets and/or rendering glyphs. i notice your text is fuzzy too -
> > not crisp.clear. it looks like the autohinter is compiled in and being used
> > as the only hinter and its doing things wrong/badly.
> >

> was working fine with anon cvs checkout 2006/02/21 (about 23:30 CET)

it quite likely is something to do with your distribution. what distro is it? the code changed to USE the ftoptions #define settings to select what hinting prefs to use or not use and allow. already 1 distro has been found to build a ft2 where the built code does not match the ftoptions.h header info