Re: [E-devel] Problems with CVS checkout

Mike Russo wrote:

> Alexander Griesser wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I just want to know if there are any cvs mirrors online instead of
> > cvs.sourceforge.net?
> >
> > It is very frustrating trying to checkout the latest cvs snapshot
> > because most of the time I try to checkout I get server errors and
> > timeouts. Do you experience the same problem? I wasn't able to checkout
> > for the last two or three days everytime I tried to checkout :-/
> >
> > regards,
> >
> Everyone is getting the same errors. There are two options:
>
> 1. schedule a job with at(1) that will checkout/compile everything
> during off-hours (say 3am in North America), or
> 2. write a script that will continually try to checkout each individual
> module from cvs until the error code from cvs(1) is 0.

3. And make aure and report it to SF.  For all the complaints I hear
that it doesn't work, there is maybe one trouble ticket a week last time
I looked (maybe a little more than that.)  I suspect SF knows there is a
problem, but for all the people complaining, very few log a trouble
ticket...

--
Kevin