Re: [E-devel] Problems with CVS checkout

Alexander Griesser wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I just want to know if there are any cvs mirrors online instead of
> cvs.sourceforge.net?
>
> It is very frustrating trying to checkout the latest cvs snapshot
> because most of the time I try to checkout I get server errors and
> timeouts. Do you experience the same problem? I wasn't able to checkout
> for the last two or three days everytime I tried to checkout :-/
>
> regards,

Everyone is getting the same errors. There are two options:

1. schedule a job with at(1) that will checkout/compile everything
during off-hours (say 3am in North America), or
2. write a script that will continually try to checkout each individual
module from cvs until the error code from cvs(1) is 0.

I have a script that does #2 (using Gentoo and the exit status from
emerge), but I still schedule it to run at midnight.

--
Mike Russo
ReadQ Systems, Inc.

Random quote of the last-time-I-ran-bash:
Labor, n.:
	One of the processes by which A acquires property for B.