Re: [E-devel] engrave is too noisy for e17genmenu.

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 06:39, David Seikel wrote:
> Engrave currently has "edje_cc -v" hard coded into it, which outputs
> way too much information while generating hundreds of eaps from the new
> e17genmenu.  Engrave is currently used by exhibit, eapp_edit, and
> e17setroot as well as e17genmenu.
>
> Would anybody object if I either remove the -v, or make it
> configurable?  By configurable, I mean it will default to it's current
> behaviour, but if you call some new function, it will not pass -v when
> you eventually trigger the execution of edje_cc.

Go ahead and remove it. We can add back in some debugging modes that include
it if we need to later. But, since engrave is meant to be used from within an
application, stdout will likely go unseen (e.g. gui apps run from a menu or
app launcher).

Take care,
Brian