Re: [E-devel] changelog.in explanation

Also keep in mind that there are other build systems your global changes affect (i.e. RPM), and while a change you make may work fine for you, it doesn't for others. If you want to make distribution packages directly from cvs checkouts, I'd reccomend doing as I did and writing a nice wrapper shell script to do a cvs checkout, performing some sed-foo on the specs/debs and building from there.

If you like my script as an example (it's for rpms of course) let me know.

Ryan