Re: [E-devel] changelog.in explanation

My email is in most of the packages for a reason. :) You should have asked about the build process from the beginning and we could have avoided all this. The packages are currently setup to build using a "make dist" tarball. This allows for "official" packages that are ready to go to debian proper. CVS snapshot packages are not really what should be in CVS, they should be generated as needed.

The reason CVS is setup the way it is, is for snapshot releases. These should coincide with releases on freedesktop.org. If you need to increment the debian package version you can do that easily with debchange (or update changelog.in if needed temporarily). With that said, the current packages for debian are not ideal, they should be moved to CDBS, it will simplify them greatly.

It took a long time to get all the packages setup to build the same way, I'd really appreciate it if you don't undo all that work, but help is certainly appreciated since I know I've been MIA a lot lately. Let's work together on it though so we can agree on the best approach.

-Blake