Re: [E-devel] Feature request!

On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 12:01:13PM +0200, Hisham Mardam Bey wrote:
// On 3/6/06, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster@rasterman.com> wrote:
// > On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 10:06:18 +0100 Anders Troback <enlightenment@troback.com>
// > babbled:
// >
// > > Hi,
// > >
// > > it should be very nice if there was a way to have a transparent option
// > > for the desklocker! Now I'm using xtrlock but it have been nice to have
// > > it in E!
// >
//
// > not really possible - not without grabbing the screen. not going to be doing those hacks. you will get trans when finally we do compositing in e18 or e19 (and xcomposite etc. is ready for use). when that happens the existing design will work perfectly and "just work" (tm). we wont have to REMOVE hacks.
// >
//
// I believe Anders want to simply not display desklock's bg, ie, have
// the desktop showing, and have it locked, like the first version of
// desklock. So we would simply have to not display the desklock bg.

Basically create a transparent background.edj and thats all. :)

// --
// Hisham Mardam Bey
// MSc (Computer Science)
// http://hisham.cc/
// +9613609386
// Codito Ergo Sum (I Code Therefore I Am)
//
//
// This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
// that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
// and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
// http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid0944&bid$1720&dat1642
// enlightenment-devel mailing list
// enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net