Re: [E-devel] Ecore/E17: minimization problems

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 18:00:39 +0100 simon.treny@free.fr babbled:

> Hey :)
>
> I just write to report two bugs (maybe linked).
>
> First, in Ecore_Evas, when you call ecore_evas_iconify_set(ee, 1) (not sure
> it's the correct func name) to minimize a window, and then if you unminimize
> it manually (with the e17 windows menu for example), and if you call again
> ecore_evas_iconify_set(ee, 1) to minimize it again, it doesn't work.
> The only way I found to fix this, is to call ecore_evas_iconify_set(ee, 0) and
> then ecore_evas_iconify_set(ee, 1). I guess that Ecore doesn't notice that the
> window has been unminimized meanwhile.

fixed :) (sorry about the late reply - been busy - doing my mail now)

> Second bug (maybe it's the same than the first one), in e17, with k3b, when
> you launch the burning process of an Iso image, the burning config dialog is
> minimized by k3b. Then when the burning process is over, k3b tries to
> unminimize the config dialog, but it just doesn't work. The config dialog stay
> minimized, and since it's a modal dialog of the main window of k3b, the main
> window can't be focused anymore. You have to unminimize the config dialog
> manually. I'm almost sure it's a bug of e17 but I wasn't able to test it on
> another wm (I don't have other one :)), so maybe I'm wrong.

yes. i noticed this too. i haven't figured out what causes it - but its most definitely an e17 bug. i will get to this - though it's low priority :) i've added it to TODO.