Re: [E-devel] [rfc] remove duplicate m4 cruft

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:53:36 -0500 Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> babbled:

> so as more and more e17 packages are added to cvs, more and more m4 files are
> being duplicated ... sometimes they are using older, crappier versions, and
> it's getting to be a real pain to track what's out of date
>
> so what i'm thinking is we add a new toplevel m4 dir, move all the m4 files
> to it, and then update the autogen.sh scripts to automatically copy over the
> m4 tree everytime it's run
>
> i'm willing to do the footwork on this, just want to know what other ideas
> peeps may have
> -mike

hmm - in some ways this sounds nice and clean - but in others it makes the dir trees inter-dependant (currently they are independent and can live anywhere - where they live is just a matter of convention atm.)

hmmm... 2 minds. bugger.