Re: [E-devel] The new menu generator is ready for testing.

Laurence Vanek wrote:

David Seikel wrote:

My mistake, I should have said to nuke only the contents of those two
directories, leaving the actual directories there, but empty.
ok, did that.  I get:

==========
.
.
.
.
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all
BUG: References 2 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/favorite
BUG: References 1 /home/lvanek/.e/e/applications/all

Total time 2.762 seconds, finding fdo paths 2.621, converting fdo menus 0.006, generating 0 (rejected 0) eaps in 28 menus 0.105, finding icons 0.000, generating eap caches 0.035.

Im running Fedora Core 4 (updated) with box that has 2.4 GHz P4., 1 Gig RAM.

I hope this is more like what you were looking for.

This created caches but no entries in .order files. Therefore no entries or directory structures in favorite menu. I also believe we need to have ~/.e/e/applications/all filled with eaps before trying this.