Re: [E-devel] desklock and triple head issues

Hi,

already done, and in cvs ;)

sn

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 02:26:53PM +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
// On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:55:56 +0000 Aleksej Struk <astruk@gmail.com> babbled:
//
// > Hi,
// >
// > Thanks for the comments. The problems you listed are really known for
// > me, since I'm actually writing this code.
// >
// > However, I only have a single monitor machine. So, I was not able to
// > test it with xinerama yet. Now, I'm looking for this. Since the main code
// > is written, and only thing I have to do is to place a desklock window
// > on all the monitors.
//
// yes. walk the manager list, the containers in each manager, then the zone in each container and place it there :)
//
// > Please be patient. However, if you can suggest to me how can I visually
// > have e+xinerama on a single monitor machine, you'll really help. ;)
//
// xnest @ 1600x600 on :1
//
// then
//
// enlightenment \
// -display :1 \
// -fake-xinerama-screen 800x600+0+0 \
// -fake-xinerama-screen 800x600+800+0
//
// :)
//
// > sn
// >
// >
// > // A few days ago I fixed this issue in the CVS version by adding a '*3' to
// > the // width calculation of the desklock window in e_desklock.c, but in todays
// > // CVS snapshot the calculation gets done in some other manner and so I
// > // changed all occurences of "zone->w" to "zone->w * 3".
// > //
// > // But that is not a real solution. Is there a way to get the number of
// > xinerama // heads that also works for fake-xinerama?
// > // Or is there a function to make the desklock window fit to fullscreen?
// > //
// > // I looked at the entrance source and found out, that there is a function
// > // called
// > // "ecore_evas_fullscreen_set" to set the fullscreen flag for this
// > application, // but using that function does (of course) not work for
// > desklock. //
// > // And another strange thing occured.
// > // When the mouse pointer is on the first display while hitting CTRL-ALT-l,
// > // everything works fine.
// > // When it is on the second display, only the third display gets the
// > // desklock background, display 1 and 2 don't change.
// > // And so on.
// > //
// > // best regards and many thanks for your great work,
// > // --
// > // |   .-.  |    Alexander Griesser -- <private@tuxx-home.at>     | .''`. |
// > // |   /v\   \              http://www.tuxx-home.at/             / : :' : |
// > // | /(   )\  |              GPG-KeyID: 0xA2949B5A              |  `. `'  |
// > // |  ^^ ^^   `-------------------------------------------------'    `-   |
// > //
// > //
// > //
// > //
// > // -------------------------------------------------------
// > // This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
// > // that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live
// > webcast // and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding
// > territory! //
// > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642 //
// > _______________________________________________ // enlightenment-devel
// >
// > --
// >
// > Aleksej Struk
// > Master Degree Student
// > Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
// > Faculty of Computer Science
// > phone: +39-0471-061749
// > cell phone: +39-3204627049 +370-61278908
// > astruk@gmail.com alstruk@unibz.it - http://www.
// >
// >
// > -------------------------------------------------------
// > This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language
// > that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast
// > and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!
// > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=110944&bid=241720&dat=121642
// > _______________________________________________
// > enlightenment-devel mailing list
// > enlightenment-devel@lists.sourceforge.net