Re: [E-devel] high resolution problem

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:31:48 +0100 Peter Parkanyi <peepy@citromail.hu> babbled:

> On Saturday 25 February 2006 21:47, you wrote:
> > Try to make a screenshot and if the lines are on the screenshot, it's
> > enlightenment related, I think.
> > If not, it's likely to be an issue of your graphics card.
> I use nvidia driver.  Is it possible that the linux one is not as clever as
> the windows one, and can't decide whether the resolution/refresh rate duo is
> acceptable for the card or not?
>
> > And that's good so I guess, because it seems to be overdrive for your
> > hardware.
> > What monitor do you have? What is the recommended timing for 1280x1024?
> > What graphic card do you use?
> The recommended timing is 75Hz in the highest resolution(1280x1024) as of the
> specifications of the monitor.(H 31-81 V 56-75). But, if i lover the
> ranges(eg to 31-72, or something) it's still 75Hz. I don't know why.
> I have Geforce FX 5200 card.

nb- with lcd - you may as well try 60hz - less bandwidth needed, less likelihood of the pixel quantization going wrong.

> I don't think anymore it's an e17 problem, btw, because browsing internet on
> KDE, i noticed the lines there too, even if not as much as with e17.
> Sorry for claiming stupid things.

generally display glitches like this are most likely a driver, x or monitor problem. i'm VERY fussy about my rendering code and i despise glitches and so generally tend to nuke all of them early on. if i missed something (it does happen) then definitely - screenshot it and let me know!