Re: [E-devel] [rfc] remove duplicate m4 cruft

On Friday 24 February 2006 00:33, David Seikel wrote:
> Your automated solution I don't like the sound of. Currently, except
> for library dependencies, every sub project is self contained in it's
> part of the tree.  I update everything and compile it all at once, but
> others don't, and you may be introducing a "please download the m4
> directory, but it might not match the version of what you currently
> have" support nightmares.

easy enough to just keep local versions still but have the autogen script copy
over the m4 files if they exist ... although this isnt that big of a deal as
the large majority of m4 files are just local versions of other packages that
most people already have installed

> Not to mention the headache of making sure
> everything still works each time you update this top level m4 dir.

not an issue, i use Gentoo so such an exercise is as simple as running
`emerge` with all the packages listed
-mike