Re: [E-devel] Entropy and libedje.so

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:30:34 +0100 Gerald Dachs <gda@gmx.de> babbled:

> > > ln
> > > -s /usr/devel/enlightenment/current/lib/libedje.so.5 /usr/local/lib/libedje.so
>
> >  Have you tried using ldconfig ? Worked for me last time it ld didn't
> > find a new library.
>
> Would you please be so kind and explain me how ldconfig should find a library
> that is in /usr/devel/enlightenment/current/lib/ ? You would have to put this
> path to /etc/ld.so.conf and this makes not very much sense for me.

yes - you need to put that in ld.so.conf OR in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable (like $PATH). ld.so is the runtime linker - it needs to find libs to link them in. if it doesnt know where to find them - it cant link them. so you do need to list all the dirs libraries may need to be found in somehow for it to work.