Re: [E-devel] E ipc server

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:52:15 +0100 Arnaud Vrac <rawoul@zogzog.org> babbled:

> Hi,
>
> I think there is a little problem in the IPC server of enlightenment:
> the client is deleted in the disconnection handler. This means that
> pending callbacks for this event on other servers will cause an ecore
> spank error when trying to read the client data (this problem occurs for
> me as i'm creating an ipc server in a module).
>
> I think the call to ecore_ipc_client_del in _e_ipc_cb_client_del should
> be removed, but then i'm not sure the client will ever be deleted at all.

it needs to be deleted otherwise the client object will hang around forever
until it is deleted. note that the code CHECKS to see the ipc server object is
e's own ipc server instance - if its some other ipc server it just returns 1
and passes the event on without doing anything. ie:

   if (ecore_ipc_client_server_get(e->client) != _e_ipc_server) return 1;
   /* delete client sruct */
   ecore_ipc_client_del(e->client);