[E-devel] The oh-so-ugly Transparency situation...

I was doing some reading last night on the E17 transparency situation.

I really need my Ecore/Evas/Edje based application to do transparency to
the desktop, not just the "alpha > 128" rule that it does now.

After reading the following post and going back to "The Road to
Enlightenment", I understand why E17 transparency is implemented the way
that it is, and it makes total sense.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=enlightenment-devel&m=106819713529027&w=2

After some more research, this post was uncovered. It is a post on the
Xorg mailing lists that discusses the Shape extension as well as
composite and such. (Apparently raster cheats on us and uses the Xorg
mailing lists too!)

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-October/010881.html

My question is this, what is the current state of transparency in EFL?
There is talk of in the Xorg list about Xcomposite + Xrender and stuff
like that. Is this a viable option or do I have to resort to image
grabbing and manual blending via ImLib2? (Like Esmart does)

Thanks,
Ed Presutti (ekrunch on freenode)