Re: [E-devel] context menu

On 2/14/06, Massimo Maiurana <maiurana@gmail.com> wrote:
David Stevenson, il 13/02/2006 14:35, scrisse:

> Do the problem happen just after you change language, or is it always like
> that (even after a restart etc)?

I tried several languages [1] and context menu is never
translated (though the rest of E is), but indeed restarting
E fixes all =)

In that case, I too have seen this previously.
I think it may be a problem with gettext - apparently there's some optimization which caches the message strings gettext returns (rather than doing a lookup in the catalog everytime).
When the language is changed, gettext needs to be told about it so that it will invalidate the contents of the cache. Maybe e isn't doing this.
I've seen a couple of ways of telling gettext about this, so I'll do some testing and see what works.

Regards!
David