Re: [E-devel] evas and poppler

Algorithms are murky territory for copyright. If it could be shown that you have copied their code and just substituted variable/function names, then you would need to follow the GPL, but if it's just using the idea and completely reimplemented, theres no concern. It really just comes down to what the original project attempts to enforce.

On 2/13/06, Vincent Torri <Vincent.Torri@iecn.u-nancy.fr> wrote:

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Nathan Ingersoll wrote:

> I have no objections myself. The licensing is a little bit odd in my
> understanding. You could license your sourcecode as BSD, like most of E, as
> long as you don't copy code directly from poppler,

there's a function that I have not copy the code, but I have taken the
algo and used the Ecore list instead of GList (or GIterator, i can't
remember). So the algorithm is almost the same. Is it annoying ?

Vincent