Re: [E-devel] Thrashing on altering menus

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:38:04 +0000 Stuart Bennett <sbennett@onet.co.uk> babbled:

> Hi,
>
> _e_app_cb_monitor in e_apps.c does not special case .eap.cache.cfg,
> meaning that when I change add an eap to Favorites with Entangle, and
> then save, it locks in a loop:

yeah - i spotted that too. but i have put it off pending other work - the
caches dont seem to work catching ALL changes that happen.

> noticing a change, calling _e_app_subdir_rescan, changing
> .eap.cache.cfg, and going round again, eating processor as it goes.
>
> I caught this problem a week back or so, and the code in e_apps.c
> doesn't seem to have changed since.
>
> A trivial (working) solution is to treat it the same as a
> .directory.eap, but I don't know the code well enough and I suspect this
> is just a hack :) - patch for this nevertheless attached.

yeah- i should fix this - but i'm mulling "better" solutions anyway :)